Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer vacation!! (Part the last)

It's finally over. My wonderful vacation to my hometown ended on Sunday, along with all my joy, happiness, peace....

Haha just kidding. I was honestly really missing home and the people I left behind for three weeks during this trip. I discovered how much my heart was torn between these two places: the place I loved and grew up in, and the place where my family is. It's hard I guess, hard because you can't be two places at once. It's scary to think about, but I will always be stuck in this place between these places. I will never again belong in any one spot.

Anyway, I had a nice last day in the valley. My church back there does a service in the park in father's day, followed by a BBQ and potluck. I got sunburned of course, but it was worth hanging out with my friends at the park. I made two new guy friends, which is cool because guy friends don't wanna talk about relationships and drama all the time. You can just talk like a normal human being with them. Plus they're both home schooled.

Vacation may be over, but summer is just beginning. Without boatloads of school to do, who knows what kinds of crazy things I'll be into!

No comments: