Friday, November 11, 2011

Hebrews Chapter Eleven: Faith (No Imagination...)

It's cold, it's raining, my amazing mom made me oatmeal, and now I get to sit by the window and write. Afterward, I'm going to do school, and then I have my choice of playing on my Wii, on my GameCube, or on my 3DS. Life doesn't get much better than this.

The faith chapter, chapter eleven of Hebrews, is one of my favorites. All the people mentioned in this chapter had the same God and the same faith as we do. All of them had faith in their salvation. All of them had faith that God would do exactly as he promised, and all of them had faith in the heavenly home God has promised.

As much as I would like to do mini rants about each individual in this chapter, I'm going to turn the tables on you this time around. Instead of going through the chapter like I normally do, I'm only going to list the different people, situations, and where you can find the original story in the bible. You are more than welcome to print this list out for reference. What I want you to do as you read this chapter is ponder each thing these people did. Go back and read the stories if you have time, and try to relate to them as much as possible. Would you have done what they did? Have you found yourself in the same situations? Can you make such drastic choices or actions based on faith alone? When you're done, I would love for you to describe anything God showed you in the comments. Have fun!

Creation of the Universe: Genesis 1

Cain and Abel: Genesis 4:1-16

Enoch: Genesis 5:21-24

Noah: Genesis 6-8

Abraham in a Foreign Country: Genesis 12:1-9

Abraham's Descendents: Genesis 15:1-6

Abraham and Issac: Genesis 22:1-18

Issac, Jacob, and Esau: Genesis 27:1-40

Jacob and Joseph's Sons: Genesis 49:22-26

Joseph Near Death: Genesis 50:24-25

Moses' Parents: Genesis 2:1-2

Moses Mistreated: Genesis 4:18

Moses Leaving Egypt: Genesis 12:42

Moses and the Passover: 12:1-28

The Red Sea: Genesis 14:5-31

Jericho: Joshua 6:1-21

Rahab: Joshua 2:1-16, 6:22-25

Have an awesome weekend!

No comments: