Friday, May 27, 2011

Winners of The Sckpanhead Awards 2011!

The votes are in, and the winners have been picked! The results for The Sckpanhead Awards shall be revealed right here, within this very blog, but first, I have a few things to say.

Firstly, I would like to say thank you to all of you that voted. I didn't have very many people voting, but they ones who did were awesome and came back multiple times throughout the past two weeks to help me make this a reality. Honestly, when I started this, I didn't think it was going to go anywhere. I thought, "Well, I'm probably going to end up getting no votes the first week, and have to end it prematurely, or vote myself the whole time, or something." But I got enough votes to not only have second and third place winners, but there was even some last minute competition!

Secondly, if you were an observer or a voter, I would like your opinion on how I did things. I'm trying to make my blog a little bigger, get more readers, and lots more traffic, so I want to know how I did to plan for next year when I (hopefully) have more readers.

So anyways, on to the fun part! The winners of The Sckpanhead Awards ARE......

Male vocalist of the year:

1. JOHN COOPER (Skillet)
2. Trevor McNevan
3. Ryan Clark

Female vocalist of the year:

There was a tie between TRICIA BROCK (Superchic[k]) and DAWN MICHELLE (Fireflight)
Jen Ledger pulled in after that.

Artist of the year:

1. RED
2. KJ-52
3. As I lay Dying

Song of the year:

1. U DON'T KNOW ME LIKE THAT (FM Static)
2. Christ Is Risen (Matt Maher) :( This song should have totally won
3. Deafening (Disciple)

Album of the year (released in 2010/2011):

1. MY BRAIN SAYS STOP, BUT MY HEART SAYS GO! (FM Static)
2. Outta Space Love (Group 1 Crew)
3. H&H (Demon Hunter)

Music Video of the year:

1. CAN'T SHUT UP (Anthem Lights)
In Division and Parallels tied for second.

Winner pictures will be posted on the Facebook page.

3 comments:

Courtney Osterman said...

Sweet! Too bad Trevor didn't win male vocalist of the year but i am pleased with the rest of the results! It was really fun voting and stuff! :)

Ruthie said...

JOHN COOPER ALL THE WAY!!!!! You did really good with this, can't believe I never sent in nominations..sorry!! I would've done Jeremy Camp for Male vocalist, and Skillet or Tenth Avenue North for Artist of the year...But I look forward to it next year! :)

ParadoxicalSoul said...

No Lecrae, Tedashii or any others of the rappers I listen to that no one knows about? :-( Lol...One suggestion might be to split it up into Genres: Best Rap, best Metal, beat Rock, etc...But that would definitely take homework.