Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thursdays and Jeremy Camp



A Thursday blog! I love having control like this!

Anyways, I felt like I needed to do more writing than the big reveal of the winners tomorrow, and I have the perfect excuse to do it. What's my excuse you say? I went to an amazing concert that's what! Saturday evening, I had the privilege to see Francesca Battistelli and Jeremy Camp. I went into it knowing it was going to be a pretty awesome concert, because it was outside and there was only going to be around 2,000 people there. But I didn't know just how awesome it would turn out.

I heard about the concert at the Rock and Worship Roadshow I mentioned going to earlier in the year, and being me, I promptly made up my mind to go. I figured my father could be talked into going with me somehow, especially if I payed for the tickets. As time went by and the concert got closer, I mentioned to some people at church that I wanted to go, and was then offered tickets by some 'inside' people for ten dollars each (the normal price was fifteen). Of course I accepted the offer, and purchased two tickets, one for me and one for my mom or dad to come with me.




My parents, however, decided that neither of them wanted to go with me about a week before the concert. I was stuck with two tickets and no way to get there. "How hard could this be?" I asked myself, "I have a free ticket to the Jeremy Camp concert, I'll put an advertisement on Facebook: Free ticket for any adult who can put up with me the entire evening." It worked, I was now going with my Aunt and my cousin.

I took my sister along with the extra ticket, since everyone else in my party already had tickets. We got to the venue (a church in the country) super early, which of course made me super happy. It wouldn't be possible to push my way to the front at this concert, because they had it roped off for people who were willing to pay more to get in, but at least we would still be close. It turns out my cousin had a friend who payed for both him and my aunt to get into the special roped off area, and my aunt understood that these tickets included a meet and greet. She was going to turn it down, but instead she realized that she had a music fanatic with her who would love to have that piece of paper. In case you were wondering, I'm referring to me. So I scored a Gold Circle ticket for ten dollars. Happiness.

They let us in much earlier than the general public, and we wandered around looking at merchandise while the sound check finished up. I soon got bored of that, and threw myself down on the grass. time had never passed so slowly.

Finally sound check ended, and it was a mad dash for the best seats. My group got spots in the very front, all the way in the right corner. That's when I started freaking out. To explain how close I was to the stage, I would be able to touch them if I so desired, and I could see pimples and sweat. And as if it existed for no other purpose than to torture me, time slowed itself down even more.

[Insert two hours that felt like days]































...............................................
























































......................................................































































...............................................



































.....................
















































































AND THEN FINALLY IT STARTED!! The first guy was pretty good, it was just him and his guitar, and honestly, I don't remember his name. He played three worship songs, and then they brought out Francesca. I never liked her, I still don't but I was in the front row. I could try and memorize chords if I wanted. After she finished (that took a long time too), I was afraid they would try and drive me insane with an intermission. They didn't, but the people that actually had meet and greet money (notice I said money not tickets) went backstage for their time with Jeremy at this point. It didn't bother me, I had a pretty clear view of everything that was going on back there. That is until they disappeared behind a bus. But they finished up and Jeremy finally went on stage.

I got some good pictures, I cried, I head banged, and I did my best to freak out everyone around me as I usually do. Long story short, I had a great time. During the last song, I made my way over to the merch tables. One thing was for sure, I was going to be first in line to get my poster and CD signed.

When the concert ended, everyone left surprisingly fast. I was excited about being the only one waiting for an autograph, but then again, if I was the only one, Jeremy probably wouldn't come out. My party found me, and I was glad to find out that there was another group of people also waiting. Everyone left, and they started to pack up the tables. All the merch guy would tell us was that Jeremy might be coming out. He never gave us a solid answer until we were about ready to give up. But Jeremy did decide to come out, all for me and the fifteen or so people who had waited faithfully. Guess what? I was first in line.




So yep. It was pretty much an awesome night, besides the fact that I had church the next morning, and by the time I got home I had a really bad headache on account of being next to the bass speakers the whole night which prevented me from getting much sleep. But I can now add Jeremy camp to my list of people I have met, and add my poster to my collection of signed posters in my room. Goodbye, and have a good Thursday.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is just awesome. I LOVE concert stories!!!!! Great picture with Jeremy, too! :D

Courtney Osterman said...

That is SOOOO cool! It sounds like you had a great time!!! That is really cool that you got to meet Jeremy Camp! He is still on my list of people that I want to meet! I agree with JaY great picture!

Ruthie said...

YAY wish I could've come :D Awesome reflection on the concert, sounds like the perfect experience!! I would've given JC a hug right after the pic tho(and then a pic of his eye ;) But I'll wait and give John Cooper a hug...surely he'll understand from a loving Panhead :D

Ruthie said...

I've seen JC 3 times, and never met him!! That's so messed up...you got in on the first try!! :D