Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ya'll look like muppets

The last stop on the Rock and Worship Roadshow: Fresno California! There are no words to describe how awesome this concert is. To all my Nevada people, I'm sorry it doesn't come close to you, but trust me when I say it is worth the drive to Sacramento. Plus, If you're willing to drive an extra two hours to Fresno next year, I will reward you with one free night's stay at my house, complete with couch and blanket! Pillows are extra, sorry.

Anyway, enough of that. The Fresno show is the best show on the tour, and I'm not just saying that because that's the one I go to. In fact, here's a quote from MercyMe's Bart Millard from the show, "All those other people on the tour thought they were the best dancers, but in the back of my mind I knew there was still Fresno..." The Savemart Center is a huge place, and it was full to the top. This was my first concert where I actually wore earplugs the entire time, with the exception of a few TFK songs. It was loud in there.

If any of you even read my news feed, you may have seen my pre-show judgements about the bands on the tour. Well, here's the way things really went down:

Vira Avenue: These guys were a local band that won a contest or something like that. Reguardless, they were very good, and I hope to see more of them in the future.


Anthem Lights: I don't even want to talk about this band. If you want to know about them, type "Anthem Lights" into Google and leave me alone. Just look at them! Do they look like the kind of people I would want to talk about? Yeah, I didn't think so. Excuse me while I barf.


The Afters: They were OK, not my favorite but at least they weren't Anthem Lights.


Matt Maher: I thought he would be boring, just another band before TFK if you know what I mean, but I really liked him. I think I will be buying his album soon. (It just took me like five trys to type the period after that sentence)


Thousand Foot Krutch: Clearly the best. Need I say more? What is there to say? Nothing, that's what. (That right there is code for "I'm drawing a blank here and I have no idea what to write")


Lecrae: This guy was fun. Good and fun. Plus it's always nice to listen to rap music that doesn't have all that junk in it, you know?


Jars of Clay: Well, I don't honestly know how JOC was because I made good on my word and left during this part of the show. What I did see of them was through half closed eyes, because by this point in the show I was exhausted.


MercyMe: I love these guys. I don't listen to MercyMe all that much, and when I do it's involuntary, but I love seeing them in concert. It makes me feel good. They are now the band I've seen most in concert, a grand total of three times. They were tied with Hawk Nelson, who I've seen twice.


This is part one of a two part blog, and part two is the pictures and video I took. Stay tuned. (Stay tuned? What's wrong with me?)


Where is Thousand Foot Krutch? Oh my, where are they? Why don't they show up? What kind of tour is this???!! Wait, is that, no it's not. Oh my oh how could this happen? Nooooooooooooooooooo never!!!!!!

Let me explain the blog title before I go. During the concert, Bart Millard had us all do a side step, starting with our right. Somehow, on one side of the arena, every other row did NOT start with their right, and they were going the opposite way of the row in front of them (how does a whole row of people get left and right confused? It must be the heat...) Bart said, "Ya'll look like muppets," hence, the title of this blog.

No comments: