Monday, March 28, 2011

Here's the thing about boys...

Something strange happens to you right around the time you turn thirteen. It's called hormones, and for the rest of your life, they will DESTROY YOU!!!

So like I was saying, one of the things that happens to you, in case you didn't already know (cause I know there's some kid out there that is like, whaaaaa?) if you're a girl, you start liking boys, and if you're a boy you start liking girls. For some reason I'm giving you a life lesson, let's skip on to the good stuff shall we?

I have very specific views on boys. I didn't always see things this way, but my idea of dating, relationships, and marriage has changed so drastically in the past six or so years, and I bet it will continue to change until I reach a certain point in my life, whatever that may be.

I believe, and I plan to live by these beliefs, that you shouldn't date until you are (1) in a strong relationship with Jesus, (2) are in a strong relationship with your family, and (3) emotionally stable. If you're struggling in any of these areas, now is not the good time to get into a relationship.

I'm sick and tired of relationship drama, and between teenagers of all things! You can get so caught up in maintaining this relationship, that even if you do meet the criteria set by me above, you might fall away from one or even all of them during your relationship. You might be more concerned about that special someone in your life to give God the time or love He deserves. You might act differently towards your family. You might become emotionally unstable if something happens.

I know I'm not the best authority on this topic, since I've been single all my life (and I'm proud of it). But quite frankly, I'm not interested in dating at all. I don't want to have something special with a boy I probably really like, only to have that taken away from me for whatever reason. I don't want to have another thing in my life to have to keep up. I don't want to have my heart broken.

Yes, I still like boys. This is unavoidable in my mind. But there is a huge difference between thinking a boy is attractive and being in a relationship with a boy.

Some people might think this is crazy, but my dream is to meet that one guy God's set apart for me and me only, and give my heart to him to keep forever. I want to know for sure that I can spend the rest of my life with someone before I take steps beyond friendship. I don't know how I will meet him, but I want to be sure of him. "You'll never find that boy," you might say, but you know what? God has given me the task of keeping my heart pure, and loving HIM with all my heart until that dude comes along. He gave up so much to show me he loved me, and yeah, it's gonna be hard for a boy to take any of God's place in my heart. It's gonna be hard to find a guy who is all I want. But I'm willing to wait, or go on loving my savior for the rest of my life.

Basically, this way, I will never have my heart broken, I will always be in love, always be loved, and everything will be cool.

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

Awesome!! I love it, great advice :D