Friday, June 24, 2011

Love (no, not the fake kind, the real kind)

Ephesians 3: 14-19 When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, The Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

Recently, I've been feeling a deep sense of loneliness, like no one really cares or even wants to care. I feel like ever since I moved here two and a half years ago, it's been hard for me to regain that sense of closeness. I'm guessing it's because I'm afraid of when I have to leave again, and I'll have to go through the same thing all over again. It's a useless fear that will get me nowhere, but it's still there.

I came across this verse, and its impact on me was so great. I can go to the creator of the universe, and he will share some of His power with me? It's insane. As we trust in him more and more, our roots grow deeper in his love.

I may leave people I love a lot during this life. But I am firmly rooted in the love of the creator. When I leave, I know he's there. When I feel lonely, I know I'm rooted in his love. I have this love to try and understand, I can't even understand fully no matter how long I live or how smart I am. It's impossible to fully grasp the depth of his love. Is that sinking in with you? Here on earth, we may have relationships that are so shallow, we can figure them out in a day, or we may even see the end of someone's love for us. But God's love...the full extent of it can't even fit into our brains. He has more than enough for you, for me, and for every single person on earth. May you experience the love of Christ though it is too great to understand fully.

I know there's people out there who are going through a broken heart, abandonment, or maybe a period of loneliness as I am. I hope that you'll be encouraged as you read the words of your father in heaven. He competes you, not a boy, not your family, not even your best friend. They play a big part in showing you the love of God, but until you experience him for yourself, you will always be missing something.

Lord, I pray that you use me as an example. I'm not perfect, far from it. I have hard times, I can't say all the right things. In general, I know I'm a failure. But God, with you I'm made perfect in my weakness. You love me. You love me. You love me! Help me to share that love everywhere I go today.

I would love to pray for you personally. You can comment on my blog if you would like that, you don't even have to put why. Just ask for prayer. I promise I'll pray with you and for you. If you like I can call you and talk to you as well. If you really need to talk, you can email me: sckpanhead@gmail.com

Have an awesome pancake day! -Selena

No comments: