Friday, June 10, 2011

Ice Cream, James Bond, and Shopping

I know I've been starting off most of my blogs lately with "I had no idea what to write, and then....." But that's how it was again this week. The only problem is, I usually get that last minute inspiration on Thursday, not on Friday an hour before my blog's supposed to launch.

I do have pretty legit excuses this time. My best friend from Nevada is currently staying with me, and we're already a whole week into the vacation. It's been crazy to say the least. Another one of my legit reasons (I like saying legit) is that usually, when I write, I write what's on my heart. I write my true feelings, and honestly, my true feelings right now are just too personal to put up online.

But still I feel like I should write about something.........

Like I said before, this weekend has been crazy on account of my friend sharing my house. She's even stolen my bed, but I'm not going to dwell on that. Back where I used to live, and where she is from, things are very different than they are here in the great state of California. We went shopping last night, and she couldn't get over that we had EVERYTHING, not just a few select stores. She keeps asking us if we have this store or that store, and we keep telling her that we pretty much have everything. She obviously had a good time shopping last night.

Another thing they don't have where she's from is ice cream trucks, where as here we have at least three that pass by my house every day. Once she found this out, she told me that we were going to buy ice cream every day for the remainder of her vacation (oh great). So let me paint a picture for you. It's a hot summer afternoon, the ice cream melodies are playing somewhere off in the distance, and two teenage girls come running down the street, and I mean running, waving their money and wondering why the truck isn't stopping. Yep, those two teenagers were me and my friend, and we almost missed the truck. But she was determined to get that ice cream. Do you know how hard it is to run outside in the afternoon where I live? It's hot man! And besides that, I didn't have time to put my shoes on! But we got the Batman ice cream. We got the Batman ice cream....

Another thing we've been doing is playing a lot of video games. I'm more of a single player gamer, you know, Legend of Zelda and the like. But my friend has been making me play James Bond two player with her. I know guys like girls who play video games, and especially girls who play shooter games. But regardless of the fact that we take part in a very stereotypical guy game, we still play like girls. Most guys would be strategic as they play this game. They would place bombs and use the sniper guns to make the most unexpected and deadly kill they can. But my friend and I play different. We wander around until we find the other, placing trip mines behind us in case we're being followed, and when we finally find each other we scream and start firing at each other until someone dies. It's very enjoyable.

So that's what I've been up to. If you have any suggestions as to places we could go or things we could do, my friend and I would be very appreciative. Don't forget that you can now follow my blog on Facebook. See you next week!

4 comments:

Wednesday M. said...

My dear friend you dd not mention the hotness outside here.

Mike said...

Sounds cool! It's hot in NY as well, but when the ice cream truck goes by, he's going at 55 mph! :P By the time we hear the truck, he's gone. That's what we get for being in the country! :)

Courtney Osterman said...

Haha sounds like fun! Oh and I know exactly what you mean by playing guys games like a girl! I play Ghost Recon with my brother and he will plan everything out and sit on top of a hill to snipe out the bad guys. I am not that paitent and it is boring to just sit there so I go running in Guns blazing and then I get shot.....but hey at least I had fun! My brother gets so tired of having to restart that after awile he says "why don't we play a game where we can't die"! LoL Wow i like used a whole comment talking about playing video games with my brother! HAHA just saying I can relate! LoL :D

ParadoxicalSoul said...

I particularly don't make my criteria for a girl "Must play video games," but if you were playing 007 Goldeneye for Nintendo 64, mad props. That game is the Apostle Paul of video games.