Monday, April 4, 2011

My Own Crazy Mary

I decided today that I don't care what they say about you.
I like you, and that's all that matters.
I pray for you, I think of you, I know that you're there, and I want to like you, I really do.
But I hesitated for so long.
I didn't want to have anything to do with you, and it was all because I listened.
I listened to the stuff they said about you, and some of it might be true.
I know some of it is true.
But there's a God who loves you with all his heart, reguardless of what you've done.
I want to care for you like he does, not taking into account your actions.
Today, I promise to stop being judgemental.
I promise to pray for you more, I promise to be the person God wants me to be towards you.
I won't look away this time.

Crazy Mary, by FM Static

"Crazy Mary is a slogan who looks up to no one
Would do anything for a cold one
Wishes she could find her way home
Got the look on her face and the stare of a ray gun
We walked by everyday
And I wish there was something I could do for her

Maybe if, I took a little time to talk
Then she’d heal a little if she wants to
She can run, but let’s teach her how to walk away now
I’ll, shake a little if she wants to
She’ll, laugh a little if she needs to
There’s a key to the door that she’s hiding behind

She watches the world pass her by like a freight train
And they all call her the same names
Laughing as they point and stare at her
So she cries, out to God up in heaven
Been praying since she was eleven
For Him to send someone to meet her there

And who knows of her thoughts and her dreams
And ideas she’s got And contains inside,
She’s so broken apart
And her heart is still looking for some way to feel alright, alright, feel alright"

Alright.....

No comments: