Friday, April 29, 2011

The Sckpanhead Awards 2011 (TSA)

Hey you! Yes you, sitting there, staring at me. Or staring at my words I guess. I have something really great to tell you. Jesus loves you, hecka loves you. I mean, like super lots. He did the greatest thing anyone could ever do for you, he took all that bad stuff you did today, and FORGOT about it! Just wiped it out of his memory! He's awesome like that.

Anyways, how are you guys? Nice to see you dropped in. Now that you have, you can't escape until you read what I have to say. And once you read what I have to say, I'm hoping you will get so excited that you will want to participate!

That's right, I'm talking about the 1st annual Sckpanhead awards! The Dove Awards this year disappointed me so thoroughly, that I decided to do it all over again with my very own beloved readers. I know there's only like, two of you, but I have faith in you that you will do me a favor and get other people to come and nominate, and later vote.

The Dove Awards is mostly contemporary Christian artists, with some Country thrown in for an unknown reason. They have the best album awards for each genre, but that's all the love they give to the non-contemporary people. I want to include them in my award ceremony, so be prepared.

The way this is going to work is that for the next two weeks, I want you to read over the categories I've put here, and think of nominees you would like to see in each category. Comment them, e-mail them, or send them to me in some way once you think of some. If you want to see a whole separate category, you are welcome to suggest that as well. Please tell your friends, re-blog this, let people know this is going on! I have enough faith in you readers to attempt this. It's going to be big too, but only if you can help me make it big.

OK, enough banter. The categories are as follows:

Male Vocalist of the year

Female Vocalist of the year

Artist of the year

Song of the year

Album of the year (released in 2010/2011)

Music video of the year

That's all I have so far. I'm not going to announce my personal nominees at this point, because I want YOU to be creative. Here are the rules (yes, there are rules). As you can see, I did not break my categories up into genres. I want all genres competing together. You can nominate absolutely anyone you like for any category, as long as they are a Christian band.

I'm looking for the real artists here. Not the "best". I want people in my awards who are real with their music, really creative, really worshiping, really honest. Feel free to do with this as you want, but keep that in mind.

NOMINATIONS WILL BE OPEN FROM NOW UNTIL MAY THIRTEENTH AT 12:00am. PLEASE SPECIFY THE CATEGORY AND THE NAME OF THE ARTIST OR PERSON YOU WOULD LIKE TO NOMINATE. MUSIC VIDEO NOMINATIONS WILL ALSO NEED TO COME WITH A LINK TO THAT MUSIC VIDEO.

Ready.........GO!

1 comment:

Courtney Osterman said...

Great Idea!!! My votes are:

Male Vocalist: Trevor McNevan!

Female Vocalist: Tricia Brock from superchick!

Artist of the year: KJ-52 b.c I kinda just discovered him and he is awesome!

Song of the year: U Don't Know Me Like That by FM Static

Album of the year: My Brain Says Stop, My Heart Says Go -FM Static

Music video: Anthem Lights Can't Shut Up