Thursday, May 27, 2010

Tattoos

I wanna get a tattoo when I turn eighteen, but I'm not sure what I want to get. I know It's like this big deal, and I definitely see it as such. So I want to pick something out and play around with it now, so that by the time I'm eighteen, I will be used to the idea of forever having whatever I pick out attached to my earthly body.

I wanna know what you think. My ideas for possible tattoo choices range from crosses to monsters. I wanted a cross of some sort from the beginning, but as I was thought about it, I wasn't so sure anymore. It's not the cross that paid the price I couldn't pay, it was Jesus. So I think a cross might be out.

I was thinking I could get a scripture instead, but the hard part about that is that there are so many good ones. I was thinking about a verse that says something about being free, or that one in first Corinthians about how when we are weak, God is strong. If you know any other good ones, I would love to have them.

I would most likely get the scripture on my back somewhere, but I also want something a little more fun, possibly on the inside of my left wrist. I'm not quite sure what yet, but I have played around with the idea of a cute little monster with big teeth, or maybe a tiny cross. I don't know.

The last thing I'm considering is to tattoo stitches somewhere on my body. I draw stitches on myself quite frequently, because it reminds me of how messed up and fallen apart I would be if I didn't have Jesus. He holds me together, something I have to be reminded of on an hourly basis. This is by far the coolest idea for a tattoo I've had to date I think.

Anyway, that's about it. Comment, tell me what you think. I would appreciate pictures of cool tattoos like the ones I mentioned here.

I'll keep you updated on the whole situation, but I still have a year and a half to go until I'm eighteen.

No comments: