Sunday, May 2, 2010

Poem one: Don't Be Afraid

Sometimes It's scary
This world I'm in
Sometimes I don't know who to listen to
The messages come rushing in
I wonder if this is all worth it
I just want it to stop for a moment
Lord, make it stop
But it keeps coming

I want you to trust in Me
I want you to know you're not in this alone
Don't listen to what they say about you
He doesn't love you like I do
I gave you this gift, now go share it
Use it the way I tell you
And everything will be alright
Just keep trusting in Me

But Lord, I can't do it
Don't you see how scared I am?
Don't you know I'll be judged for my gift?
It'll never be good enough
It won't matter how hard I try
I've failed You so many times
it's easier on the sidelines
It won't matter how hard I try

Child, if only you could see
I see everything
It's right here in front of Me
I have it all in My hands
No one can hurt you
What can mere man do to you?
Man, the very things I created!
Don't worry about them

No comments: