Monday, April 2, 2012

My Lame Lame-ness

I haven't posted since February?!?!? Goodness me, what is wrong with me? I'm very sorry for neglecting this blog. I'm not giving up on it by any means, I've just been really lazy these past few months. That's all going to change however, and the change is going to start on this blog.

Starting now through August, this blog is going to be transformed into your personal update center on my upcoming trip to Haiti. Yep, I'm leaving the country. Just today I got accepted for a mission trip with my church, and I couldn't be more excited. God has done some pretty insane stuff in my life, but honestly, nothing I've done so far took this much faith. If I'm going to be honest with you, I'm scared. I'm scared of not raising enough money, scared of going to an unfamiliar place, and scared that God might just change my life. But He's called me to it, and getting accepted was just another confirmation of this huge thing He wants me to do.

I'll be posting more and more details as I get farther along. For now, I would be honored to have your prayers. I'll be setting up an email list soon that you can sign up for if you'd like to get personal updates and a support letter. If not, I'll return to my weekly Friday posting this week, so you'll hear a lot from me either way. My fund raiser info will also have a separate page on the blog that you can order from. I'm going to try my hardest not to beg for money, but it's not easy raising $2,000. Any financial help you can give would be amazing.

My trip is July 6-15. Not much time to prepare my body and my heart, but I'm trusting that God is about to do crazy stuff in my life. We'll have to see where He takes me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is AMAZING WRITTING Sel...you should be very proud of yourself...I as a writter,,,,feel,,,your heart,passsion,,,your intellegence.
You are too much heart for one person to hold. You were right about everything,,When you said.....we have to stop being affraid of failing...your on it....thats it......my mother recently said,,,that she knows why,,,,I finally am making things right in these last 2 years,, with,,my sobriety,,,,,my smoking,,my unhappy marriage whivh im so disconected from....and,,,im not running anymore.. You should go without fear.. you will be welcomed,,you will serve a great purpose Sel. You dont doubt it for a minute. I wish,,,i could help,,but,,i could just as easily ask you for a dollar or 2 right now myself..lol..
I would love to go,. my eyes are opening,,,so wide.. you and Amies......you 2 are changing my life like you dont eben know.. if i could go with u,,, i know,,i would have some ,,,,amazing,,life changing,,,epphinies....,id.,,..feel probably more alive then ever.......to see others,,,less fortunate than us,,,,in the flesh,, to stand where they stand,,to sit where they sit,,to sleep where they sleep,,to eat what they eat.. and to do my best to help.....others,,however they may need our help.Sel...GOOO.
please,,go,,,and fear not.....theres nothing to fear in the eyes of god.. exept,,,god himself. He will only be in your debt.....for doing this for him,, an im to understand he doesnt forget easily.... wink..