Thursday, November 25, 2010

What my life would look like without Jesus

My mom and I were talking last night, and I posed a question that we both shuddered at. Where would we be without Jesus? We dropped the subject pretty fast (for obvious reasons), but later that night and the next day, I couldn’t help thinking about it. Where would I be? How different would I be?

I would never have met most of my closest friends, since I met most of them in church. I would have never even tried to play the piano, and even if I had I wouldn’t have stuck with it. I would have never heard about Skillet (that alone makes me shudder). In the absence of these things there would most likely be violence. I don’t like to admit it sometimes, but I’m a violent person. I would probably be a pregnant teenager in jail for multiple accounts of murder without Jesus. That is, if I was even still alive at all.

Think about it. Where would you be right now if God hadn’t saved you from yourself?

No comments: