Monday, October 11, 2010

Blog Reform

My blog desperately needs some help. I love my blog to death, as most of you know, since I talk about it all the time and I get so excited when stats show that I’ve had a visitor in the last week. But I’m starting to think that my blog isn’t all that great. Sure, it’s pretty to look at, and you can really see my personality shining through each one of my blogs. But I want people to not just read my blog one time and never come back again. I want people to read and get something out of what I’m saying. I want people to be so impressed with what I have to say that they’ll come back for more. That’s how a real writer would do it.

So from now on, I promise you, the reader, that each and every blog I write will have thought put into it. (I mean did you see my Zelda blog? That was horrible.) There will be no more of this, “Oh my goodness, I need to blog about that one piece of information I have”. I will no longer wait until I have the “New Blog Post” page open to come up with a topic (you’d be surprised at how often I do that). Nope, now I will write blogs on my non-internet computer in my room, with the lights off and music blasting, so I can really think about the content and meaning of each and every word.

To help out this Blog Reform, I’ve decided to do a little study on the book of Acts. I’ve been studying the bible my whole life, but I just recently began to grasp the full meaning of things in there. I have been inspired to not only read the words, but to dig a little deeper and fully understand what God’s been trying to teach me. This has been a lot easier with my awesome curriculum, which I will use quite often in my blogs. This study is in the works, so please be patient. It should be up soon.

Don’t worry, all you people who come to my blog to laugh at the goofy things I say. Those blogs are not leaving by any means. They will just be longer and hopefully funnier, spread across the not so funny blogs. I’m sure I will not be able to help myself from being funny even in the more serious blogs. It’ll be like candy: you only get a little bit, because too much of a good thing is bad for you. Or something...

In closing, I just want to say thanks for coming. Truly . . . thanks. I’m sorry for not being as good as I can be on here, but trust me, that is all going to change.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Need to keep testing my blog. Not working as I want it to yet. Thx for the theme. Maybe this will get mine to look better..

Anonymous said...

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

Unknown said...

Thanks! I'm glad you like my blog, and I will be posting again soon. If you have anything you would like me to write about, just let me know. Reader requests are something I have been wanting to do for a while now.